Rom 12:2 “Do not be conformed to this world, but continually be transformed by the renewing of your minds so that you may be able to determine what God’s will is-what is proper, pleasing, and perfect.”
There are some interesting words in this verse: conform, world, transform, renew and test.
- Conform – συσχηματίζω [suschēmatizō] to fashion alike, conform to the same pattern, fashion self according to. This is a compound verb based on the word scheme. Conformed with, to be in union with a scheme of thinking or behaviour.
- World – αἰών [aiōn] an age; by extension perpetuity, by implication the world; age, course, eternal, world (began, without end). This current age ,this moment in the world’s history with all its thinking and behaviours.
- Transform – μεταμορφόω [metamorphoō] to transform (literally or figuratively “metamorphose”): – change, transfigure, transform. Yes you read it right – metamorphose yourself. Go from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Become a transformer.
- Renew – ἀνακαίνωσις [anakainōsis] renovation: – renewing. In compound verbs the ana prefix often infers repetition, intensity or reversal. Come out transformed by renewing the way you think..
- Test – δοκιμάζω [dokimazō] to test (literally or figuratively); by implication to approve: – allow, discern, examine, (ap-) prove, try. This verb is used in the proving and testing of gold. Refining it and firing it till the dross is gone.
Now you have these five foundational words in mind, chew on them a while. At least until tomorrow.
Take your mind out every now & then & dance on it. It is getting all caked up.Mark Twain
Be open to new ideas. Dare to be different!Ian Vail
The Moment You Stop Listening To Yourself And Begin Talking To Yourself That Change Will Transform Your Life.Robb Thompson